got a Whiff of Serene Dominic's Book

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

steveo_1965

got a Whiff of Serene Dominic's Book

Post by steveo_1965 »

I got a whiff of Serene Dominic's book on Amazon.com - a few pages of it are available for reading...i found it very fascinating..Serene comments on each song, and provides insight to each tune. along with some historical content about it...sometimes adding some comments from Burt..
I'm going to get this book soon!
Steveo
Steve Schenck

get the book

Post by Steve Schenck »

Steve, I have the book and enjoy it very much. It's the kind of book you don't need to read cover-to-cover, but you can keep going back to it, reviewing different periods in Burt's career, looking up specific songs, not needing to read it in any particular order. It has lots of interesting information; in some cases I just wish it had more! Enjoy it. Steve Schenck
Davide Bonori

Serene Dominic's book

Post by Davide Bonori »

I love the book. It's one of the best source of information about Bacharach work, from the early years to the present.
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

Mr. Schenck and Bonori,

Thanks for the information. When I read the few sections that were on

Amazon.com, I felt that this book would be a good one to have!

Best,

Steveo
mario serra

Serene Dominic's book:Burt Bachrach:Song by Song.

Post by mario serra »

I shall always be gratefull to Serene Dominic for this really complete researach about B.B.'s overall opus and work.It includes also the many cover versions of his huge musical production- for over 40 years.
It's a Must, that every true B. B.'s fan should have.Only AT THIS TIME is not included, because it was released after it was published.I will always be gratefull to Roberto Pinardi for presenting me with this wonderfull book.
Thank you all.Till my next post All the best.
Mario Serra