Put Your Youtube.com Links Here! (if you want)

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

An Enormous BB Fan

Burt at the piano singing Alfie and A House Is Not A Home

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Enjoy!!

Davide Bonori

Re: Put Your Youtube.com Links Here! (if you want)

Post by Davide Bonori »

This video is really interesting. At 3.35 you can listen to a Burt & Tonio K unissued song "Change my mind".

Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

Well, to be scrupulously accurate, we can hear a fragment of it. Nevertheless, I like it better than the few other of their collaborations I`ve heard. In fact, it`s the second older song I`ve discovered this week that surpasses what I`ve heard from Some Lovers.
Davide Bonori

Post by Davide Bonori »

Blair, you are right. Sorry for my English. We can listen to few bars of the song. But it's a great Bacharach hidden gem.
Roberto Pinardi

Post by Roberto Pinardi »

It seems to me a very nice song this too .....

Bye
Roberto
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Roberto Pinardi wrote:It seems to me a very nice song this too .....

Beautiful, just beautiful! If only a REAL producer, like David Merrick, were around today.... someone who could REALLY produce a Broadway show with Burt as the composer. My god, when I compare the Broadway musicals of the 40's, 50's and 60's to what's being produced today, and how they're produced... why it makes me sick! Burt's writing this great music for a cast of 4?? Who isn't surprised that "Some Lovers" wouldn't make it to Broadway? And it certainly isn't because of Burt's music!
Sara D

Post by Sara D »

I have my mother to thank for helping me become aware of Bacharach's music in the 60s when I was stil a very young child and she remained a big fan of his until the day she passed away five years ago. While I was half watching a TV documentary the other night my ears homed in on a short excerpt of a BB track playing softly in the background, a tune of his I remember that she particularly loved. Like her I preferred Bacharach's instrumental recording to the sung version by Stephen Bishop:

Last edited by Sara D on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Martin Johnson

Post by Martin Johnson »

I think 'It's only Love' is classic Bacharach, Sara, and should be far better known than it is. It's a relatively simple tune but one that lodges in the brain and stays there for hours after it has been heard. I remember being at a dinner party in the early 80s with a few friends and while the instrumental side of the Arthur album was playing raising our glasses to what we all considered was a real return to form for Bacharach: "Burt's back!". Here's another gem from side two of that album.

Last edited by Martin Johnson on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Martin Johnson

Post by Martin Johnson »

My favourite Bacharach song of the 70s, and by a long way.

blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Stunning performance from Luther !!!

"blue"
Rio

Post by Rio »

The song Trouble, as well as Chiara, were mentioned here years ago, but i don''t think these links were made available

Just first few seconds (a couple of photos of Chiara and Burt):

Then this, live in Rio, because of her introductory remarks:

There's also an album version, but in this video Chiara goes on about how wonderful it was to have the opportunity to compose wth Burt. The album producer told her in NY that they were going to Santa Monica so that she could write with someone. She believes she wasn't told whom because it could scare her. And a dream came true to her, because she she ended up really getting to write "with the great, great composer, of all the world... Burt Bacharach". People chanted and she started.

Album version (better, I think, but I'mm still getting acquainted):
GehVorbei

Post by GehVorbei »

The whole 1976 Emmy-winning TV special on The History of Jazz featuring Dionne as hostess and as a performer throughout the show.

Also featuring Lionel Hampton, Count Basie, Dizzy Gillespie Herbie Hancock, Max Roach, Stan Getz, Gerry Mulligan, and Joe Williams among others.

Enjoy!

steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

yours truly...there is also a part 1....

ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

Thanks - Steveo! ......... Always appreciate the contributions of those of you who are knowledgeable - and - can put into words how we feel about good music!
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Hi Steveo,
Great post.....thanks for sharing and much appreciated !

"blue"