CD Re-issues

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Blair N. Cummings

CD Re-issues

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

Have there been any CD re-issues of "On the Flip Side" or "Together?"
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

:D Bonjour Blair N. Cummings;

Are good Burt friend of mine from Sidney was able to transfer 'Together' to CD. It was done professionally. I received it last week.

In addition, have you ever heard the, 'Arthur Soundtrack'? There is a great jazz songs on it. It's called 'Touch'. The Instrumental 'Money' is a very nice tune. Both By Burt Bacharach.
Take care;

Vincent
warbachavid

Post by warbachavid »

Are these recordings planned for release in August on the box set?
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

:D Bonjour Warbachavid;

From what I read, I believe so.

Not sure about 'Together' though.
Take care;

Vincent
warbachavid

Post by warbachavid »

Isn't Together a part of his catalog?
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

I was lucky enough to pick up a CD of "On the Flip Side" in Japan a few years ago. Even though I bought five or six Bacharach CDs there, I wish I'd bought more. If I recall correctly, all (or most) of Burt's solo albums were reissued on CD in Japan in the 1990s.

I'm still trying to nail down a track listing for the upcoming box set on Hip-O Select. The initial word I got (and that I posted) was that it would include all of Burt's solo material (comprising the Kapp and A&M recordings) as well as some soundtrack material and sundry esoterica. How they're going to fit all that onto four CDs I don't know, but I'm certainly looking forward to it.