Keith Burke.........Very Sad news...

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

vincent.cole

Keith Burke, you will be missed!

Post by vincent.cole »

Miss Yvonne, like you, I communicated with Keith offline from the forum! The both of us were able to share some very rare Burt stuff with each other over the years!

I know on the forum, Keith indicated that he was going on vacation and would be back in a week or two.
Never did I feel he was ill in any manner.

But something strange happen that should have alerted me. Every time I would send Keith an email, I would get a reply that his email was no longer valid!

Not only will Keith’s Burt gems be missed, but more importantly, Keith himself! :cry:
My condolences go out to Keith’s family and friends!

Keith’s generosity has brought many of us on the forum joy and will be a hard vacuum to fill!

Take care;

Vincent
Bruce Bernard Williams

I Miss Keith

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

I too shared e-Mails with Keith. There was a soundtrack (Together?) along with two songs by Paul Anka that I couldn't find anywhere so I e-Mailed Keith and he took care of it--just like that! He had his friend Bruce from Tuscon transcribe the soundtrack onto CD and added a surprise at the end which happened to be the two songs I had been looking for by Paul Anka. I learned later as to the reason I couldn't find the Paul Anka recordings--it was a Polydor Import. Also, Bruce was working on his Warwick/Bacharach project and I received that as well. Bruce took every recording and sequenced them alphabetically and when I received my copy, it stopped with "In Between The Heartaches". I was just about to e-Mail Keith again about Bruce's omission of "If I Ever Make You Cry" taken from the "Here I Am" album but after learning of his death, I was just in a state of shock. I do hope Bruce continues to work on and complete the Warwick/Bacharach project and share it as Keith would have.
An Enormous BB Fan

Tears

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

I actually have teared up reading this now. I have no idea who he was, but I loved the guy for his love of all things Burt and his enormous collection of Bacharach rarities and treasures...and, most especially, because he was willing to share Burt's phenomenal music with all of us here. If not for him, I would never have heard some fantastic Bacharach music. And that goes a long way with me. I will definitely miss him.
Alvina

I am so sorry

Post by Alvina »

I just recieved a nice note from Keith that he posted some time ago. I don't come on too often. Then I read this post and I am so saddened. He has been a great one here on the forum and will be sorely missed. My deepest condolences to his entire family and all his many friends.
Alvina
Werner

Re: Keith Burke.........Very Sad news...

Post by Werner »

I visit this discussion forum once in a while.. i also search the forum sometimes in search of old topics.. in one of those searches yesterday i came across this shocking message.. when i didnt have a big BB-collection, Keith just sent me three rare albums (isnt she great, together and the Mills-album) without asking anything back.. when my bb-collection grew i tried to give him rare material back for it like the for example the Lost Horizon-demos wich with he was very pleased. Nonetheless i never forgot his generous gesture from the beginning.. He truly wanted to share the joy! i wondered why emails never were returned anymore, thought his email-adress had changed.. the other reactions on this topic show that more people have shared this shock and have had same feelings. just wanted to let my feelings about this out.. lets keep his philosiphy about sharing bacharach music among fans alive!
Werner from the Netherlands.