The look of love, Trijntje With Burt (already Platinum)

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Marcel

The look of love, Trijntje With Burt (already Platinum)

Post by Marcel »

Today in the Netherlands the presenting of the new Blue Note Album The Look Of Love -The Burt Bacharach Songbook By Trijntje Oosterhuis.
With a live performance of the tracks which was presenting on the radio.
On the album Burt was accompanien on the piano with Charlie and This house is empty now.
There are great expectations from the album!

the album is in the Netherlands already in the pre-sale PLATINUM!

Kind Regards Marcel :D
Steve Schenck

the new album...

Post by Steve Schenck »

Does anyone know - will we be able to buy the album here in the USA? Sounds like an interesting entry in the ever-growing array of new artists tackling the BB songbook.
KittenKlub

Re: the new album...

Post by KittenKlub »

Steve Schenck wrote:Does anyone know - will we be able to buy the album here in the USA? Sounds like an interesting entry in the ever-growing array of new artists tackling the BB songbook.
Amazon is expecting to have it from December 7 onwards ( ) It's an import, so it's a tad expensive at $34,99 (People in the UK are advised to wait because it is bound to be released as a local CD as well)

The Look of Love just debuted at #1 in the Netherlands, so it's a good start.
Davide Bonori

Trijntje Oosterhuis - The look of love

Post by Davide Bonori »

I'm not so keen in cover of Bacharach songs, but this cd is really interesting. I love it in a special way. And Burt played piano in two tracks ... (and one track is the unusual "Waiting for Charlie (to came home)" from 1961).
Music played with love: the right thing for my Ipod!
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

It's all on youtube.com... you can see and hear it here:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... rch=Search

Isn't youtube the greatest thing ever???
Bruce Bernard Williams

Metropole Orchestra Too Symphonic!

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

Thanx Enormous for supplying us with the concert. Is the Metropole Orchestra also on the CD? After viewing the concert, I feel that the Metropole Orchestra is just too symphonic, polished, theatrical, and embellished for Bacharach's material and Oosterhuis' voice. Her voice is somewhat reminiscent of Whitney's as far as inflection and nuance goes. I am hoping that the CD is more grittier and edgier staying true to the Bacharach sound (i.e. more ch-ching from guitars, marracas, etc.) which has a more Brazilian flavor than the concert displays.