Dionne and Whitney in Germany

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

warbachavid

Post by warbachavid »

warbachavid

Post by warbachavid »

warbachavid

Post by warbachavid »

Whitney Houston received a lifetime achievement award at the first Women's World Awards in Hamburg, Germany. Organizers say the prize was designed "for women whose unique achievements have contributed to a better, more peaceful and humane society." Dionne Warwick also received a lifetime achievement award. Other honorees included Vivienne Westwood, Katarina Witt, Naomi Campbell, Bianca Jagger and Diane Kruger.
warbachavid

Post by warbachavid »

WHITNEY HOUSTON RECEIVES AWARD Germany gives lifetime achievement award to singer.

*Whitney Houston should be on the upswing being acknowledged and showered with love from all over the world.

Houston received a lifetime achievement award at the first-ever Women's World Awards. Organizers said the prize was designed "for women whose unique achievements have contributed to a better, more peaceful and humane society."

Not only did Whitney receive an award, but it became a family affair. Her cousin, Dionne Warwick, was also acknowledged with a lifetime achievement award at Wednesday's ceremony at the Congress Center. A 300-member jury chose winners in 12 categories, according to the Women's World Awards Web site.

The singer’s Whitney Houston Foundation for Children has supported the rights of children and humanitarian projects, but has presently stopped taking grant applications, the foundation's Web site said.

"My message for women is to love and respect themselves, for if they love themselves then they can love others as well," Whitney was quoted as saying. "I have learned to do this. Through love for myself and praying to our Lord I have been able to overcome my personal problem."

Other honorees included Vivienne Westwood, Katarina Witt, Naomi Campell, Bianca Jagger and Diane Kruger.

The awards were established in 2000 by Austrian communication's company World Connection to complement its annual World Awards, which has awarded prizes to men including Morgan Freeman, Steven Spielberg and Luciano Pavarotti
warbachavid

Post by warbachavid »

http://whitney-fan.com/forums/index.php ... 0971&st=45
Beautiful photos of Dionne and Whitney on page 4 and 6.
warbachavid

Post by warbachavid »

http://www.nippyonline.com/whit_wwa004.wmv

Watch Dionne and Whitney perform in Germany