Burt Upcoming T.V. Appearances

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

warbachavid

Burt Upcoming T.V. Appearances

Post by warbachavid »

6/8/04-Definitely Dusty OVA 9am
6/12/04-Marlene Dietrich TCM 4am
6/22/04-AFI:100 Years CBS 8 pm
7/8/04-Soundstage PBS w/Ron Isley 10 pm
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

8) Warbachavid;

You are a great asset to this forum, by keeping us abreast of Dionne, Burt & Hal!!!
Take care;

Vincent
warbachavid

Post by warbachavid »

Thank you Vincent for saying Thank You! :D
warbachavid

Post by warbachavid »

THE ISLEY BROTHERS: Still sailin' smooth!

-- by Ricardo Hazell

*The Isley Brothers are the smoothest, most accomplished, innovative, constantly relevant, forever growing R&B group of all time. These brothers personify Rhythm and Blues in every since of the word.

From "Twist and Shout" to "Between the Sheets," and even the more contemporary sounding works with R. Kelly, Ron Isley, Ernie Isley and the rest of the band, are just plain ol' dope in any time frame, and on any block.

EURweb/EUR had the chance to throw a handheld recorder up the faces of Ron and Ernie at a recent press junket. After calming ourselves, and making sure the batteries were Duracells, we proceded. We asked the brothers how they felt about being given a Lifetime Achievement Award, to be bestowed upon them at the upcoming BET Awards.

"I think this is really special and it's going on right now," said Ernie, one of the most creative R&B guitarists ever. "This is like Christmas Eve and the whole show is like Christmas Day. This is all going on in the present tense and we love it."

Though we imagine the Isleys must be ecstatic to be recognized for the years of hits they've blessed our ears with, they remain constantly active. Ronald Isley said the group is currently compiling potential hits for a new set that will be finished very soon.

"We've just started work on a new album," said Ron. "We'll be working with Pharrell, Outkast, R. Kelly and on and on and on. The album is called 'Pretty Woman' and we think its going to be really special. Everytime we make an album we try to make history, and we think this one is going to be just that."

Now signed to Def Jam, the Isleys say working with LA Reid and Kevin Liles will ensure the quality of the upcoming set and that working with such seasoned and savvy vets will only make perfection that much easier to accomplish.

"It's so a great thing for us to be working with somebody who came up knowing who the Isleys are and how we get down like LA and Kevin do," said Ron. "They know about the songwriting, about the producing and all of these things. That makes it easier and makes it more fun. I've been looking to do this for years with them. We've been trying to get together ever since Babyface and LA Reid first started out. We've been talking about one day getting together," added Ernie.

Speaking of making history, Ronald Isley and songwriter extraordinaire Burt Bacharach were in the studio for most of 2003 perfecting and mastering an album on the Dreamworks label that featured combined talents of both legendary icons. Though we've been blessed enough to hear it, most of the public has not been so blessed. So what happened?

"The bottom line with that Dreamworks was sold and now they're going to re-release that album," Ron told EURweb/EUR. "It got caught up in the whole transition of the record company being sold and so now they're repackaging everything and doing it all over again.

"We filmed a one hour special on the record and they're going to release it again. That music will be here forever. That's great music."
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

WARBACHAVID: I also appreciate all of your contributions to this forum which enables us to keep our calendars up to date concerning upcoming events and informing us of items of interest to those who appreciate the artistry and continuing efforts of Burt, Hal & Dionne Do you work in the entertainment business? A big thank you to MARK as well!
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

I've thanked him privately but I also want to thank warbachavid publicly for all his posts. God knows I don't update the site as often as I should, so his posts provide a steady flow of fresh info and help keep us all up to date on the activities Dionne, Burt and Hal. So thanks!
warbachavid

Post by warbachavid »

NEW YORK (Billboard) - The American Film Institute's upcoming TV special focuses on movie songs.

John Travolta hosts "AFI's 100 Years ... 100 Songs: America's Greatest Music in the Movies," airing June 22 on CBS.

The designated tunes were culled from a list of 400 nominees distributed last year to 1,500 members of the film community. It included such obvious choices as "Somewhere Over the Rainbow," "As Time Goes By," "The Way We Were," and "Stayin' Alive" -- the last of which is from Travolta's great star turn in "Saturday Night Fever."

Three Academy Award winners sung by Jennifer Warnes also made the grade: "It Goes Like It Goes" from "Norma Rae"; "Up Where We Belong," her duet with Joe Cocker from "An Officer and a Gentleman"; and "(I've Had) The Time of My Life," which she sang with Bill Medley, from "Dirty Dancing."

Warnes -- along with Burt Bacharach, Carole Bayer Sager and Barbra Streisand, among others -- will be interviewed about the songs, which were voted on for their effect within the context of the film, cultural impact and legacy