Does Burt meet and greet with fans after his shows?

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

BB4LIFE

Does Burt meet and greet with fans after his shows?

Post by BB4LIFE »

Hey everyone. I have a question for all of you who have seen Burt live. I am going to see him in November, and, I am just curious to whether or not I should take a CD cover for him to sign after the show. Does he even meet with his fans after his shows? I know he has obviously done it before because of some of the pictures posted on the site. But, is it a regular thing? Any responses would be appreciated. Thank you and take care.
vincent.cole

Reply: BB4LIFE

Post by vincent.cole »

:D Bonjour BB4LIFE;

I would say that you would have a great change of meeting Burt.

My wife and I will be at the show on Saturday, November 18, 2006.

I would look for the LIMO after the show or find where the stage door is.

BB4life, if you are going the same day that I will be their, hope to meet up with you after the show! 8)
Take care;

Vincent
brillbuild

Post by brillbuild »

Meeting Burt Bacharach after one of
his shows was a real highlight. And yes,
bring one of his CDs to sign.
BB4LIFE

Thank you guys

Post by BB4LIFE »

Thank you guys for the responses and letting me know what's up. I am REALLY looking forward to going now knowing that he does meet with fans afterwards. Thanks again and take care.
harrymcc

Meeting Burt

Post by harrymcc »

I've been to three (!) Bacharach concerts this year. At the first one, in Reno, he came out and spent considerable time with the handful of us who hung around--and, as I mentioned here, he was nice enough to autograph my iPod.

At the second, in San Francisco, he actually announced from the stage he'd sign CDs after the concert, and probably a hundred people took him up on the offer.

At the third--last week in Saratoga, CA--he didn't mention the scenario one way or the other, and I didn't hang around--I figure that one great encounter, which is what I got in Reno, is enough for the time being, and I should let other folks meet the master.

--Harry
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

Harry,
aAe you related to Harry Mccune, the former sound man for Burt from frisco? A fine chap he is, or was...
Steveo
harrymcc

No Relation!

Post by harrymcc »

...but I'm honored to share part of his name and his hometown!

--Harry