something very interesting...

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

gabba

something very interesting...

Post by gabba »

i found this: http://rootdig.com/1930census/1930_burt_bacharach.html it is not very clear and my english is not good enough to interpretate the paper, but if you guys look at he numbers 77 til 80 you can find something very interesting about our man...bye and thanks to keep alive this forum...Hello Burt....see you in Italy!
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Thanks for posting this discovery, Gabba. The "enumeration date," which I assume means the date the information was collected, is April 23, 1930, but for the life of me I can't decipher line 79 column 13, which should indicate Burt's age as of that date.

If his year of birth were 1928, the numeral in the box should be "1" but there appears to be more there than "1". Unfortunately, I have no idea what the notation would be for a child younger than 1.

Anyone care to venture an opinion?
tooozcan

re- birth certificte

Post by tooozcan »

Who really cares when B,B was born? just be thankful that he was, For my money he is amongst those people who we speak of in terms of "they dont write them like that any more", I have grown up, lived, loved and had my family around, and amongst the music of B.B, I sang him on "Karioke" just tonight (forgive me), my grandchildren are fast becoming his fans, why ask these imponderable questions? just enjoy,
B B and HD, are right up there with the very best of them, and that is exactly where they will stay, whatever you, or I could say to the contrary,
a spell was woven, and its magic remains today, and for many, many years to come.
I do though enjoy reading all of your comments, and it has to be said, from so many very knowlegable people, for this I thank you, My BB learning curve is almost vertical since finding this site,
My best regards to all concerned. Jake. (uk fan)