Burt in CT!

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

nymusicalsguy

Burt in CT!

Post by nymusicalsguy »

As Vincent and Paula have mentioned, Burt's Mohegan Sun shows were wonderful!! I was there Saturday night, and he played a solid 1:45 of hits! And what a pleasant surprise it was to hear Donna Taylor do "Fallin' Out of Love" from Aretha's last album. We got 4 songs from AT THIS TIME, which the audience really seemed to "get". I still miss "The Blob" during the movie medley, but hey, can't have everything! Burt was also very gracious, signing autographs and posing for pictures for probably a full hour to accomodate everybody on line, a true gentleman.

When we met him, we inquired about his new songs with Brian Wilson, and Burt reported to us that Tonio K penned the lyrics. Can't wait! Wonder how Burt & Brian's teams will choose to release these 4 songs, and if a full joint album will be forthcoming...

Happy 4th, all!
Skylark Smith

Saturday Night's Show

Post by Skylark Smith »

The last time I saw Burt perform was at Radio City Music Hall back in 1998. Watching Burt conduct and perform Saturday night's selection of tunes, I got the sense that he was preforming a celebration of life, and not just a musical performance.

When I was in 5th grade I wrote an essay about the person I most admired and would want to grow up to be like. I’m sorry to say, as an adult I have failed miserably in trying to reach the status of that person – Burt Bacharach! :lol:
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

With a name like "Skylark" (whether it's your given name or a user name) along with your positive aspirations and positive attitude - YOU WILL NEVER BE A MISERABLE FAILURE. Assuming you are pursuing your musical interests on a full or part time basis - keep doing the best that you can do and someday - someone will want to grow up and be like SKYLARK SMITH. Pleased to hear you enjoyed the CT concert. We're looking forward to Burt's appearance in San Diego next month!