Help needed

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Ciaran

Help needed

Post by Ciaran »

Hi, I'm a writer for ITV Teletext, a text-based Television information service based in England.

I'm writing a feature article about Burt Bacharach to coincide with his 75th birthday, and was hoping some of you might be able to give me some feedback about why you think he's such an influential songwriter.

If you have any thoughts, I'd be grateful if you could post them as replies to this message.

Thanks!

Ciaran
ITV Teletext
warbachavid

Post by warbachavid »

May will be his 76th birthday!
Ciaran

Help needed

Post by Ciaran »

Didn't realise that! Oh well, I'd still like to do a piece about him if anyone has any thoughts...

Post by Guest »

Let's see....certainly his choice of chords and chord progressions.
His feel,a certain amount of soul emitted in the compositions,arrangements,and especially his piano playing(someone once told me that
he was influenced heavily by ray charles).his concepts of melody harmony,timing,trained with classical influence,but applied to pop....
being very lucky to have such a great word man(hal david)
then there's the image of the man,inseperable from his product-
kind of welded together like the image of dean martin and dean's voice.
his concepts,musically(that he does have concepts,unlike a lot of composers who don't seem to have any.