Obscure song found

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Blair N. Cummings

Obscure song found

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

I`ve never been particularly fond of Kenny Rogers, Carole Bayer-Sager or Wal-Mart but at long last the latter`s music download service has made available They Don`t Make Them Like They Used To, a song I`ve had an unaccountable attachment to since I first heard it in a chain-store Muzac tape twenty years ago. If any others out there have been similarly afflicted, help yourselves.
(As an aging Boomer, I haven`t a clue as to how to upload these things, although I`m sure it`s as simple as anything else I couldn`t do on-line a couple years ago. Maybe Keith will come to the rescue).
nymusicalsguy

Post by nymusicalsguy »

Thanks for the heads-up on this forgotten track, Blair! It's apparently available at ITunes, too!
Bruce Bernard Williams

Kenny Rogers' "They Don't Make Them Like They Used To&q

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

I happened to be going through the bins at an independent book store that also has a collection of used CD's for sale and looked at the back of "Kenny Rogers' Greatest Country Hits Vol. 3" and there it was listed as track #7. Ever since I went through the Discography link and saw it listed, I searched high and low and never found it until a few weeks ago and I must say, this is one of my favorite BB compositions! Even though it came out 20 years ago, it is one that I continue to play over and over! There are two other BB compositions that I have been searching for with no success and they belong to Paul Anka and I believe one of the songs (also the title track) is entitled "After All". I feel very fortunate that I have found maybe 90% of the entire Discography and that I found them right here in Tulsa/OKC.