Burt Bacharach AND Hal David Reggae Style New CD

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

How fantastic!!!

Burt's music has affected people all over the world in such positive ways. I've always thought that there was never a songwriter like Burt. He's just unique in his own way and there will be great songs written, but I can't believe that anyone could ever write as many great and unique songs as Burt. I honestly think, like Shakespeare, that Burt's music will be played forever... and they will move and touch people forever, too!
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

WBD thanks for keeping us informed on the widespread appreciation for BB's music. It truly is timeless and my appreciation is renewed every time I hear one of his songs (whether it's a 50 year old version by Perry Como or Gene Pitney or a contemporary interpretation) Appreciate your posts!

more reggae

Post by Guest »

folks may also be interested in a great reggae version of 'are you there (with another girl)' by dawn penn (of 'no no no' fame)

great vocal - rivals dionne's version in my book

you can get it on a compliation called '200% dynamite' on soul jazz records, which is readily available