Burt to appear On Dancing with Stars FRiday 1/06/06

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Toms

Burt to appear On Dancing with Stars FRiday 1/06/06

Post by Toms »

Was announced at the end of show (Dancing With the Stars) on Thursday that Legendary Burt Bacharach will appear on the show Friday 1/06/06.
Should be good.
Tom
someonenameddavid

dancincing with the stars

Post by someonenameddavid »

But if the poster had read my previous post he would have known that several days earlier...

it helps to know people.... :wink:
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
Toms

Opps

Post by Toms »

Opps sorry.
someonenameddavid

not a problem

Your average Bacharach fan is.... cool

so that's not a problem, enjoy the show

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
Alvina

Post by Alvina »

I think I am pretty much in the loop so to speak but 2 of my kids called to tell me he was on that night.......Duhh. It was recorded on dvr so i still saw it and what a treat. This is gonna be a great year for fans with the Grammy's even if he doesn't win(bite my tongue) it will be special. David where were you lol? I plan to see Burt in Ft. Myers, Fl. March 29th. The tickets go on sale the 16th of this month so cross your fingers for us. I will keep you posted.
someonenameddavid

dancing with the stars results show

well you coould see Elizabeth just under the arms of the two professional dancers as they came together.

Elizabeth and one or two others of Burt's band will be at the Sundance Film festival playing with Cody Carpenter (son of John Carpenter the Horror movie producer) for a few gigs.... hoping she'll come back with more movie work than you can shake a stick at.

david

Next big scoop?

Post by Guest »

So fill us in on the next big scoop for Burt??????
someonenameddavid

burts next...

my daughter is the newest, lowest on the totem pole (and youngest) of the band... she played a couple of gigs in hawaii last year, but it was only after a three hour interview/tryout... alone... in the studio... with Burt.... (intimidating... you bet) that she got the job. It doesn't have enough full time gigs to pay the rent... and especially when Burt plays with an orchestra, she is not needed (An orchestra of One... that's my Lizzie). So she teaches Violin around L.A. plays with the Young Musician's Foundation, the Downey Symphony Orchestra (such a nice name... reminds me of dryer sheets) Cody Carpenter and Galen Callahan (who is a rockin' young lady from texas who is trying not to be country).

So I watch her career fom Oklahoma....

I'm not in the loop much, but get interesting anecdotes from La-la land.

David