My fav. non-BB song by Dionne

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

hereiam

My fav. non-BB song by Dionne

Post by hereiam »

I like Dionne mainly for BB as her songs (particularly
those before their breakup in 1972) were touching.

There were very few of her non BB songs that could
match.

The exception is "Yesterday I Heard the Rain"
, a song covered by many singers.
The arrangement was particularly "modern"
(as compared to many versions which were too
jazzy)
DARIO DARII

RE: Mexico's Esta Tarde Vi Llover (composed by Manzanero)

Post by DARIO DARII »

That song, translated into English, became...

Yesterday I heard the Rain, was originally sung and discovered here in the States by Tony Bennett , who had the benefit, to record it first on vinyl via the CBS label.

Dionne recorded it too for her Promises, Promises project. I love this song to this day. Manzanero is not new to the scene. He did many good love songs, prominent are Somos Novios, if you look for the Romances series by Luis Miguel. You will find an extension for the love of his unique one song. Dionne's Where Is Love, from the movie and stageplay Oliver is another favorite, non-BB HD , song of mine.

A special cover version by Vicki Carr, in English and Spanish had figured in many of her Lps and CDs , in so far as Greatest Hits are concerned, --of her recordings. Like Bennett, she used to record for CBS label, Until Columbia gave Streisand their full support and relegated Carr to the Spanish only CBS label group.

Both Yesterday, and Where is Love are well delivered by Dionne and will live for a long time in our hearts and minds. Dario Darii
Toms

Favorite song

Post by Toms »

One of my favorite Dionne no-Bacharach song is: (Theme from)
Valley of The Dolls. For the longest time I thought is was a Bacharach song.